Friday, December 30, 2005

Tell me what this is

Take a look at this picture and tell me what you feel it is on your first look:That's my water bottle. In Sydney, the humidity is very low and I drink water like no tomorrow. Stef often uses the term "水牛" on me. I had bought this bottle two years back when visiting the Blue Mountains. Since then, I've had quite a number of people asking me why I'm carrying a bottle full of liquor around:


Example 1:

Just after coming back from my
Blue Mountains trip, I had a meeting with my boss. He started eyeing the bottle as soon as I placed it on the table. A few seconds later, he couldn't contain his curiosity anymore.

"Acey, is that a wine bottle?"

"No, absolutely not."

"It looks like one. I was wondering why you are bringing liquor to our meeting."

Example 2:

The first time Dan, Stef, Fred and myself went on a field trip, I brought the bottle along. As I took a swig from the bottle, Stef asked me,

“Acey,你怎麽帶酒去郊遊啊?”

Example 3:

This is the most recent one. I had been to school with only my water bottle in hand. Too lazy to bring my haversack and other stuff which I normally do. It was getting late when I left, so I decided to have dinner along the way home.

Stepped into a eatery, placed my bottle at the counter and starting peering at the menu. Then I noticed through the corner of my eye, the casher/chef staring intently at my bottle. He seemed quite taken aback and unsure of himself. I made my order and proceeded to pay him. As he returned me the change, he pointed to the bottle and enquired a little apprehensively,

"Is that for wine?"

"Oh no no no. That is my water bottle."

"Oh..." and he very visibly relaxed.

I think for a moment there, he was worrying about what to do if he had a drunk customer in his premises.


So tell me, does it really look like some liquor bottle? Or maybe I have the drinker look.

91 days to go.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buahahahahhahah...

it's a WATER BOTTLE mah. pretty common here. Why would anyone use it to contain alcohol?

gingle_ale

Sat Dec 31, 02:18:00 am 2005  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

I have no idea leh.

Maybe I missed out the third possibility. It could be the drink culture here. Any liquid that can't be seen is assumed to be liquor?

Fwah, gingle ale, am I reading the time right? You OTing again ah?

Take care of yourself and Happy New Year.

Sat Dec 31, 07:44:00 am 2005  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

It's a water bottle, definitely. And you need to have it in pink.

Sat Dec 31, 08:58:00 am 2005  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Very funny, LMD, very funny...

Enjoy your New Year festivities. I won't tell you to watch your liquor intake though. :P

Sat Dec 31, 09:14:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO OT-ing..duh..definitely not on the last working day of 2005. I was clubbing at MOS.

Buahahahahahhaa....

Happy New Year :o) Best wishes to youw countdown.

gingle_ale

Sat Dec 31, 10:29:00 am 2005  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Why do I get the feeling you're nursing a hangover as you typed that, ginger ale? *Grin*

Sat Dec 31, 10:41:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home