Wednesday, November 30, 2005

<雞肉片>

I've heard and read several glowing reviews about the movie/documentary 企鵝寶貝 (The Emperor's Journey), but none more so than that from my mum. I believe it was shown in Singapore during my June break but circumstances contrived to prevent me from catching it on the silver screen.

However, it looks like I will get to watch it afterall, for my sis has gotten the DVD for it. Both my mum and 慧 have since become huge fans of it. Last heard, my mum has watched it around 6 times and 慧 countless more.

慧 especially enjoys watching movies when we watch it with her and explain what's going on. I suppose this is even more so for an adult-ish documentary like 企鵝寶貝.

There was a scene in it where a seal preys on a little penguin. I would imagine it quite affected 慧. Partially because it was her first brush with the harsh laws of nature. But perhaps more so that it contradicts what she is used to seeing in Pingu. In the animation, Pingu is a little boy penguin who happens to be great pals with a seal named Robby.

“Ma ma, 爲甚麽Robby吃掉Pingu?”

“Orh。。。那個不是Robby和Pingu來的。那個是真的seal和penguin來的。慧慧現在看的不是Pingu,是紀錄片。懂不懂?”

“Orh。。。是雞肉片來的。。。”

I think a few more explanations are in order.

121 days to go.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..i thought this is a very early CNY goodies entry, for the title just reminded me of the chicken bak kwa coins.

I finally got to catch an espiode of Pingu. Pingu and Robby were playing "who slide the furthest" game. The cartoon is definitely attractive to kids.

Must watch the Emperor's Journey. Highly recommended.

And don't get too stressed over work, ya...The eye-feast, feeling 18 for that night is a good form of stress reliever.. :-)

cheers,
Ginger_ale

Thu Dec 01, 12:45:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Now that's strange. My Singaporean 綫人s informed me that Pingu has ended its run on KidsCentral quite some time back. So you watched it on VCD?

慧慧's 口頭饞 for quite some time was "naap naap!".

Thu Dec 01, 01:37:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i watched the Pingu at malacca, on sunday morning on a weekend getaway. Was waiting for my holiday mates to get ready for hotel breakfast.. hence i was watching cartoons on a sunday morning malaysian television. :o)

hee... otherwise no reason for me to wake up that early and watching kids central.

ginger_ale

Thu Dec 01, 02:09:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Wow, that was a tremendously quick reply!

Heh, Pingu has global appeal siah! Even Malaysian TV also got. *Grin*

Hope you enjoyed your little holiday.

Thu Dec 01, 02:28:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home