Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Favourite buddy

My niece has found a favourite buddy recently. Or maybe I should say, one of her buddies got promoted to "favourite" status. It's a beanie duck that I had bought for her back in June last year.

I've received almost simultaneous reports from my mum and sis that she has been carrying it to school, when she goes gai gai, and plays with it very often. To illustrate the point, my sis sent me this pic:
Altogether now... aaaawwwwww...

That made my day.

We all agreed that it is probably a reaction to going to nursery. She transfers part of her fear of being alone to her favourite buddy. Having someone to share her fear and experience provides a great deal of comfort to her. 精神寄托. She has since handmade a name tag, "Duck", for the little beanie duck.


Again! Aaaawwwwww...

72 days to go.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is just so sweet. Both of you are 精神支柱 to each other.
The duck should be called "Gu-Gu", instead.

*teary-eyed* ginger_ale

Wed Jan 18, 10:18:00 am 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Erm, I hope you don't mean that seriously. I don't wanna be a "duck", if you know what I mean. :P

Jokes aside, yeah, I was pretty moved by the story too. As well as my sis and mum's special efforts to let me know about it.

Wed Jan 18, 10:29:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... oh my, that didn't cross in my mind at all. :P

Have she watched Chicken Little?

ginger_ale

Wed Jan 18, 10:33:00 am 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

As far as I know, not yet. She hasn't been brought into a movie theatre yet.

She's currently into Pooh, Mickey and gang, and Pingu (in decreasing order).

Wed Jan 18, 10:38:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home