Saturday, March 04, 2006

Envy

所謂風水輪流轉。

Two, three months back, I was green with envy with Dan, Stef and especially Fred, about their flying home to Shanghai for the summer break. But I had kept mostly quiet about it when I was with them. At the most, I might have alluded to it in a self-depreciating manner.

Now it is their turn to be envious of my impending homegoing. Their reactions, however, are opposite of mine then. They've been pretty vocal about their envy for my present situation. Perhaps a large part of that has to do with work. I'm almost done and dusted now but they are only at best halfway there.

They also professed to their reluctance to see me go when the time comes. It is quite difficult to find other students/colleagues with similar frame of mind with respect to work, i.e. to just do enough to meet the minimum required rate of return :P (recall that for me, the primary aim is the actuarial exams, not this piece of work for the school). Most other students/colleagues are too uptight about their work to have as much fun as we do.

Those were their own words, not mine (though I agree).

41 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home