Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thinker or worrier?

Out of the blue, Jim asked me the other day if I was a thinker or worrier.

Caught by the moment, I blurted out an answer I've used quite frequently in recent times: I plan pessimistically but execute optimistically.

Which does not quite answer his question, that I know. After some thought, I realised I should have said the following:

If I can do something about the issue at hand, I put on my thinker hat. If I can't do something about it, I brace myself for the worst impact. I used to worry when faced with such circumstances, but now, I just prepare myself mentally for the worst that can happen.

5 days to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a qn! I dun think 'thinker' and 'worrier' are mutually exclusive. You can be both you know....

Mon Apr 10, 11:09:00 am 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

I don't think he meant it as mutually exclusive too. I think he meant predominance.

Mon Apr 10, 11:22:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home