Thursday, April 06, 2006

I get my little kicks VI

I've sent out my first two job applications. One of them is what you might term a "cold call" whilst the other is with respect to an advertisement a friend had brought to my attention.

I have heard good things about the working environment in this "cold call" company and even though my sources say they have no openings currently, I decided to give it a try. The other company's identity is unknown as its advertisement was posted via a recruitment company. However, the consensus amongst friends is it is "this" company. I've also heard of some good things about "this" company, so I jumped on the opportunity once I found out about it.

Yet another case of 謀事在人,成事在天。Fingers crossed again!

Amongst all the "little kicks"
I've been getting recently (I, II, III, IV and V), the current one has given me the biggest "ommph". Even if it was self-induced. Well, the reason is simple: This is the most direct affirmation that I am returning to Singapore.

8 days to go.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha... yes so it's a BIG kick, not a little one uh? :) One more week! and seems like I can also start looking for jobs next month!!!

Thu Apr 06, 10:33:00 am 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Oh, really?! That's brilliant news, my friend.

有人跟我搶飯碗了。

HA HA HA...

Thu Apr 06, 10:41:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does the 5th chinese word mean? And the whole chinese phrase in the entry?

Actually, I think i am just being KS lah.. cos I prob wun complete till July. :P

Thu Apr 06, 10:45:00 am 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Direct translation: Got people come and fight with me for rice bowl liao.

Hee hee...

Well, at least you know more or less when you're completing. Lesser uncertainty is good.

Thu Apr 06, 10:51:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Ac and Jade,

Hope you all do well and get high paying jobs.

Ac - no harm trying cold call. If any vacancy arises, they might give you a call instead of running an advert.

BTW - Head out to this link if you need some interviewing tips and help..It's the US Actuarial outpost. [if you have read it already, sorry - hope you don't find me presumptuous]

http://actuary.ca/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=46382

Hope it helps.

CM

Thu Apr 06, 11:45:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah.. thanks CM. Nope, havent read that before.. and it looks pretty good! But i shall save it for the day when I write my resume.. now, I have to worry abt writting a Formal Spec (things my sup wants *rolls eyes* heh)

Wah seh... Acey, you say until so hostile ah? If i think your way, I wouldnt have given you that valuable contact for you to make the cold call. Humpf.

Thu Apr 06, 12:04:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..

Looks like WW3 is going to erupt...

Luckily I am in Malaysia and not in S'pore.

Jade - hehe I bet your boss wants the specs *yesterday* Work hard :))

CM

Thu Apr 06, 12:08:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Thanks CM, for the link.

Jade, I added the laughter in the end, so obviously you know that I know that you know it was a joke. :P

Thu Apr 06, 12:10:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I know lah... I a just suanning you! :P

the 'humpf' part is just like me playfully pouting also...

Thu Apr 06, 12:19:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

4 words: 挑撥離間

Not you, Jade, but CM. :P

Thu Apr 06, 01:09:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AC,

Wah - you think I "blur sotong" meh...

I know both of you are joking-lar :)) Where got friends so "siu yeh" one...

Seriously though, good luck. Hope you and Jade find your *dream* job at your *dream* company.

CM

Thu Apr 06, 01:44:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops...

Errata

"Siu hei"...not siu yeh...

Hehe

CM

Thu Apr 06, 01:45:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Thanks, CM. I, or can I say on her behalf, we certainly hope so!

Thu Apr 06, 01:48:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home