Monday, April 03, 2006

Toys

I visited The Rocks (for the umpteenth time) a few weekends ago and went on a minor splurge.

Amongst the things I bought was this wooden kangeroo toy for my niece:

If you look closely, you'll see that the legs are movable. In fact, if you place it on an inclined surface, pull the tail and release it, the kangeroo will "hop" down the slope. So now, my niece will not get one gift. She'll get two.

And
my set of polyhedra dice has arrived. Aren't they beauties?
Whilst I'm at it, here is a set of Peanuts UNO card I had bought last June/July in a rather roundabout manner:
My Hong Kong colleague's sister is studying in the US. She bought the set of cards there, brought it back to Hong Kong during her school break and my colleague brought it Down Under for me. It will soon complete the last leg of its travel odyssey by flying back to Singapore with me.

All this trouble, in the name of saving on shipping costs. I know, I very cheapo one. :P

11 days to go.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe...times are hard...
It's always good to be thrifty.

The Snoopy cards look nice.

But the dice...well... I thought they would be colourful like the one you showed on the post...

But yours looks monotonous cos' all same color-lar...

CM

Mon Apr 03, 03:55:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Aha, CM, if you had followed the link from the original (key word) post, you would have seen that the dice I bought was of this colour, i.e. dark blue.

Mon Apr 03, 04:35:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops... I didn't go to the link cos you posted such a pretty pix of the dice in another entry...

The blue one is ok...but I really liked the dice in the other pix...so pretty and can easily differentiate btwn them.

BTW - Does the kangaroo really hops? Or does it roll down? Hmmm... I want one too!!!

[Just kidding :)]

CM

Mon Apr 03, 06:20:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

They sell the dice as a set, with the same colour. So I wouldn't have been able to get that colourful set even if I wanted to.

The kangeroo sort of hops. It is a slide that looks like a hop.

Mon Apr 03, 06:27:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... AC you better not over-pamper your niece...

Hehe...got so many presents for her and ice-cream some more.

Teach her some Maths instead - hehe... :)) [LOL]

CM

Mon Apr 03, 06:30:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

I don't really intend to teach her any schoolwork until she asks me for help.

Mon Apr 03, 06:44:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home