Friday, October 28, 2005

Garang guni

慧 goes through a lot of phases. I suppose it is part of growing up. Her current phase, unfortunately for my mum and sis, is naughtiness. Certainly, complaints from my mum (via phone) and my sis (via e-mails) about her have increased recently. One such complaint involved our ubiquitous garang guni man.

She had been naughty one morning, e.g. refusing to bath amongst other things. So my mum issued the following ultimatum,

“慧慧坏坏。。。送給 garang guni zoh soon (become garang guni's granddaughter) lah!”

Just at that moment, a real garang guni happened to pass by.

"GARANG GGGUUUNNNIII! Gu po zua, gu sa ko, gu tien si ki! GARANG GGGUUUNNNIII!" (old newspapers, old clothes, old TVs)

慧 immediately runs to the bathroom for her bath.

Later in the afternoon, 慧 was minding her own business in the living room when a second garang guni passed by! This one used one of those "ba poo"s instead of shouting to advertise his services.

But 慧 still knew it was another garang guni man. And she knew she had done nothing wrong this time round. So she sauntered to the kitchen and asked in a visibly irritated tone,

“嗨。。。爲什麽 garang guni 會。。。?!”

I was told the “來” was specially emphasised and prolonged.

154 days to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahhaa... the garung guni man making his round to check that she's behaving herself?

how come all mothers say the same stuff? i had also gone through the garang guni "threat". i remembered whenever mum was angry with me, she would say that i wasn't her daughter and i was picked up from the rubbish chute...^-^

ginger_ale

Fri Oct 28, 09:32:00 am 2005  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

I think it is an older generation thing. My sis doesn't make that threat to 慧; Only my mum does that to her. *Grin*

Fri Oct 28, 12:37:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home