Friday, October 07, 2005

Scoring bad points

Background information:

My sister and brother-in-law brought my niece to a birthday party over the weekend. 慧 started eyeing some presents and asked the nearest adult,"可不可以開?" That adult (I am going to accuse him of being a lousy parent) said,"開 lor, 不要紧的!" And so, she did.

The parents of the birthday boy found out, wasn't offended but did inform my sister and bro-in-law. My sister and bro-in-law apologised profusely and then started explaining things to 慧 in a stern manner. But my sis took it further and continued nagging after reaching home later. 慧 must've been quite confused by the different things that different adults were telling her on this issue.

On Sunday night, when my niece was brought back to my place, she had refused to talk to my sister. My mum told me about this on Tuesday. Then these e-mails yesterday (my own comments in brackets):


From: Gu gu
To: Mee mee
Date: Thu 06/10/2005 12:08 PM
Subject: LS


Fwah... today markets (stock markets) everywhere LS. Jia lat.


From: Mee mee
To: Gu gu
Date: Thu 06/10/2005 12:29 PM
Subject: Half day

I am on half day leave in the afternoon. Going to ... (run some errands)

This 慧 hor... just because she is scolded by me, mum and auntie (our next door neighbour who also dotes on 慧) cos' she kinda naughty nowdays... she told mum that "mee mee 不 sayang 我, ma ma 也不 sayang 我. na na (she was taught to call our neighbour this) 不喜歡我." Mum asked her who sayang her, she said "pa pa sayang 我, gu gu sayang 我 and gong gong 也 sayang 我".

Sigh... she refused to call me when I visited her last night and she told me she doesn't like me. But I agreed with mum, someone just needs to discipline her and be the bad guy. How can we let her climb over our heads.

Conclusion: Seems like 慧 doesn't like all the women around her who nags at her.


From: Gu gu
To: Mee mee
Date: Thu 06/10/2005 12:36 PM
Subject: Short memory

Yeah, mum told me about the story on Tuesday. So funny! Ha ha ha... Strange thing is, when I am around (meaning in Singapore lah), I will also scold her from time to time if she is naughty.

So there is another conclusion. Children memory very short one, so fret not.

As long as you've told her why you're scolding her, that will be fine. It just so happens that most of the current scolding is done by the women. *Grin*


From: Mee mee
To: Gu gu
Date: Thu 06/10/2005 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: Short memory

Well, she remembered it for the whole week so I don't think her memory is that short.

For you, of course gu gu sayang her cos' you are not around to scold her and you score good points. :)

Sis


From: Gu gu
To: Mee mee
Date: Thu 06/10/2005 12:51 PM
Subject: Bad points

Don't worry, sis. Next year, when I go back (to Singapore) for good, I will start scoring and accumulating more bad points than you. *Grin*
You would notice by now that my sis and I don't communicate by MSN. We both dislike it.

175 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home