Saturday, November 19, 2005

Strange library practices

Recently, I needed to borrow a book (reference book; I don't like to borrow and have never borrowed books for reading pleasure) from the university's library. A search revealed that the library has only one copy of the said book and someone else had already borrowed it. So I was put into a queue.

After about 3 weeks, I finally got an e-mail from the library telling me the book was available for me to pick up. That came in the evening of 14th November, the Monday just past. As such, I went down to pick it up on Tuesday.

Then two days back, I received another e-mail. It was a "Loan Recall" e-mail. And believe it or not, they gave me until today, 19th November, to return the book.


I had the book for a grand total of less than 5 days.

Altogether now...

It can only happen in Australia, I tell you, it can only happen in Australia...

132 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home