Friday, December 09, 2005

<自戀狂>

Sometimes, I catch myself reading my own blog. It usually happens when I feel I just can't work anymore and want to take a break from it all or when I am plain bored.

I might pick out an odd spelling error here, grammar error there, or I might suddenly find a better way to phrase certain things, or I might even find a really glaring error. Whatever it is that I find, it is in MY hands. I will fasterly fasterly effect the change, republish it and hope not too many readers have spotted them.

The funny part is, I actually enjoy reading my own blog. Now, I know self praise is no praise, but I really do. And more often than not, I find myself having to pry my eyes away from the screen, or I'll "waste" even more time on it.

I'm reminded of one of my niece's antics. She can be quite a 自戀狂 at times. When she first learnt the alphabet about a year back, she would go "A for apple, B for ball, C for cat,..., K for kite, L for Lynette, M for mango,...".

My recent programming blues have significantly limited this new hobby of mine. That should be a good thing, shouldn't it?

Still 112 days to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's like reading your own diary, isn't it? i wonder, how do manage to blog diligently everyday?

ginger_ale

Sat Dec 10, 01:20:00 am 2005  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Tell you a "secret", gingle ale.

I tend to blog a few days in advance. Ha ha ha... But I just release one regular post a day.

If I post more than one post a day, it is because I suddenly feel this compelling need to put down certain feelings or experiences.

And I manage to blog "diligently", because outside of work, there just isn't much else to do over here.

Sat Dec 10, 08:03:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home