Sunday, January 29, 2006

This particular grandson

I did a marathon phone call of sorts earlier today. Called a lot of my friends as well as my maternal grandfather's place, where all my relatives have congregated. Of course, they ended up passing the phone around so that I got to speak to a lot of those present, including my grandfather.

I was surprised and moved by my grandfather who is turning 94 this year. He had remembered that this particular grandson of his was overseas. His first question to me was when I would be back. Surprised because the family seems to get bigger every year. I wonder how he remembers all our names, which family we belong to, what we do and where we are.

I also hope he understood my half-baked hokkien.

It has been a good Chinese New Year, despite being alone here.

Just over 61 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home