Monday, January 30, 2006

You understand?!

慧 is correcting my mum's English on a regular basis now. Recently she came across the word "trillion" (I have no idea how) but know not what it means. She asked my mum who did not know the word either, so they KIVed the issue, opting to ask me or her parents. Whichever came first.

Well, it turned out that I came first. I was on the phone when my mum suddenly remembered it,

"Acey, "teelion" 甚麽意思啊?"

From the background,"Ma ma 不對!是"trillion"!"

""teelion"?"

"不對!是"trillion"! Ma ma, you understand?!"

"Acey, le kua le kua, tak jit siah cheh dio pek gah wah tao cak teng liao!" (direct translation: Acey, you see you see, she goes to school and picks up some new stuff, then starts to climb all over my head!)

Don't ask me about my attempts to explain "trillion" to her either.

60 days to go.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know u said don't ask, but i can't help it lor. So how did u explain to her?

just check on my Oxford dictionary. trillion means millions millions millions (in US).. so it's 10 to the power of 18? your niece can just draw many zeros..hahhaha

but i'm curious to why she asked that question. Prolly it's some smart alec in her class ask her that. "Oei u know what is Trillion or not.. i know leh.. "

tEH_C *finally in a good mood today*

Mon Jan 30, 01:06:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

I will not say.

I will not say.

I will not say.

ne ne ni boo boo. *Sticks out tongue*

Mon Jan 30, 01:14:00 pm 2006  
Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said...

Hmmm more like
"How much is that?"
"Trillions of dollars, you got or not?"

Acey... Teh_C is 天字三号?

Mon Jan 30, 03:57:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Nay, LMD would be 天字三号. HA HA HA...

And I'm still awaiting confirmation to see if tEH_C is indeed 天字四号. *Grin*

Mon Jan 30, 04:04:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are your readers called 天字?not 天子 or 侠女? or 编好?

tEH_C

Tue Jan 31, 11:23:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Ha ha ha... it just came up in one of our "comments" conversations, tEH_C.

Wed Feb 01, 05:05:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home