Monday, March 13, 2006

I get my little kicks

*Ring... ring*

"Hello."

Brief silence.

"Hello?"

Still nothing. At the back of my mind, I know it most probably is one of those automated dialors and there'll be someone advertising something to me once they take the call.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon to you too."

"May I speak to Mr. Johnson please?" (That'll be my landlord)

"He's the landlord here but he doesn't stay here."

"So you are his tenant?"

"Yes."

"I have a house loan package here that I'm sure you'll be interested in. It offers the best rates in town and I'm sure you would want to become your own homeowner, don't you?"

"No."

A pregnant pause.

"But why not?"

"Because I am leaving Australia soon."

"Oh, ok. Then have a good day then. Bye."

"You too. Bye."

Still 32 days to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

like that also can arh...

ginger_ale

Mon Mar 13, 11:09:00 am 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Yeah, like that also can.

*Big Grin*

Mon Mar 13, 11:12:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home