Saturday, September 17, 2005

Unthreatening

A few weeks ago, I happened to catch an interview with local singer, Joi Chua 蔡淳佳, on UFM100.3. It was during the 8p.m.-12a.m. slot and the DJ was 于玲. Now, I admit to not knowing much about Joi, having only heard some of her songs on radio. But what caught my attention during the interview was a certain streak of girlishness well-camouflaged under a elegant ladylike manner and how frank she was throughout the interview. Even the DJ seemed to be enjoying herself immensely. Towards the end, Joi announced the URL to her blog, which of course I proceeded to check out. There were some pics of herself on it. What struck me was how unthreateningly beautiful she is (the second thought was strangely one of pride, that such an exquisite lady actually exists in my homeland).

I tried to recall which other artiste of recent times had left such a similar impression on me. I only came up with one name.
劉若英.

Nonetheless, their voices and songs did not impress me enough for me to want to buy their albums. Listening to them on the radio is good enough for me. I am the sort of person who will buy up ALL the albums of the artiste once I get impressed enough to pick up a first. But I wish Joi well. Oh, and she later put up a short post on her interview with UFM100.3.

So who do I feel is er... "threateningly" beautiful? 藍潔瑛, a Hong Kong actress from the 80s and 90s and 許慧欣, a recent Taiwanese singer. Indeed, I might even go beyond that and say they are both stunning.

195 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home