Saturday, October 08, 2005

Laputa, Howl's Moving Castle, Porco Rosso and more...

On the Wednesday just past, I got to catch Laputa (1986) on local free-to-air TV (station is SBS). And on the day before that, Tuesday, I managed to convince Dan to watch Howl's Moving Castle (2004) with me on the silver screen. And of course, as mentioned here and here, I caught Porco Rosso (1993) the previous Wednesday. Thus far, I find Porco to be the best of the lot. And Howl to be the "worst" of the lot. Actually, all three are great movies, hence the ""s for Howl. For me, the romance and ambience of Porco was the most mesmerising of the three. Indeed, I've already made up my mind to get the DVD for Porco.

Just when I'm getting really excited about all these Miyazaki goodies, I found out this:

Next Wednesday, 12th October, NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Winds (1984).

19th October, Kiki's Delivery Service (1989).

And finally, on 26th October, Spirited Away (2001) which I've watched already, but I certainly do not mind catching it again.

All on SBS.

For once, I feel lucky to be in Australia. Just this one time.

174 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home