Friday, November 04, 2005

I must be dreaming!

I don't usually dream. And when I do, I complete them so that by the time I wake up, I have no inkling of them (that's my hypothesis). In fact, I can count the total number of dreams I've had this year with my pair of hands. No kidding.

I have had two dreams this year, amongst others, that have left a real deep impression in me. Sometimes, I wonder about their significance. Indeed, it is the second of these, which took place like about a month ago, that provided the er... inspiration to this post.

The first dream. I believe it happened just after I returned to Sydney from the last summer break. That would put it around March.

It started off with me walking along the pavement with a girl who happens to be a rather well-known singer. It was at night and along a rather quiet street. I was holding her hand and we were chatting as we strolled.

I remember thinking as we walked,"Hey, how come I am attached?"

And then, "This can't be true. This can't be happening. I remember I am single."

But as we walked, I got used to that feeling and slowly but surely, those thoughts of doubts dissipated. Then I started to enjoy that warm lovey dovey feeling. Now the funny bit is this singer isn't one of those I like (read not in the list in my profile). In fact, I find she was and still is quite overhyped. OK, most importantly, I don't find her attractive (so she shall not be named to protect the innocent, i.e. ME!).


Yet, in this dream, we're a couple. And I didn't have that repulsive feeling at all. In fact, it was just the opposite and I certainly found her attractive. How bizarre is that?!

I also remember us having to meet this way because of her status and the need to avoid the paparazzi. After quite a while, it was time for her to go home. So I hailed a cab for her which she boarded alone. Yes, she went home alone. Again, because of the need to avoid the paparazzi. We both understood and accepted it without complaint. I even remember myself sighing as I watched the diminishing silhouette of the cab.

Then I woke. And it was with mixed feelings. That feeling of being in love was so real. I wished the dream had lasted longer. But I also felt disgust because it wasn't with someone I was really attracted to in real life. :P

The second dream. I was with a male friend in a hotel room. For some reason, I know this was a close male friend but I do not know his identity. There was just that warm and familiar feeling about him. We were waiting for a mutual friend. And yes, you guessed it, this mutual friend was that same well-known singer again! In this dream, the singer and I were just close friends, not lovers. The three of us had to meet up this way, again to avoid the paparazzi and her fans.

After a while, she entered the hotel room and the three of us started bantering. And we went on and on for a long time. I remember enjoying myself a lot, laughing a lot. They seemed to be enjoying themselves too. I awoke during one such long laughter.


I'm glad I seldom dream.

147 days to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Acey Deucey said...

I read somewhere that you can actually control your dreams! Firstly, you have to be fully aware in the dream that it IS a dream. Then you use your mind power to control happens next.

I suppose during my first dream, I sort of entered the first phase. I was initially suspicious it was a dream but it felt so real that I starting believing it really was happening.

Fri Nov 04, 10:31:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home