Saturday, April 15, 2006

Who Acey Deucey is

In no particular order, and some of them may seem to contradict one another, I am

Trustworthy - that I inspire trust in people so much so that they trust their secrets with me.

Trusting - that I place my trust in others rather easily too.

Consistent - that after a while, it is pretty easy to predict how I react to certain circumstances.

Boring - that I do not dare or do not like to try new things.

Loyal - that they can count on me when the need arises and my tastes do not change easily.

Sagacious - that I have a knack for taking apart problems and getting right into the core of it.

Articulate - that I can explain and teach pretty well.

Forthright - that I say things as it is.

Politically correct - that I think carefully of the way to phrasing things before actually saying it.

Principled - that I stick to my principles staunchly.

Rigid - that I do not change my ways easily.

Perfectionistic - that I aim for perfection in everything I do.

Efficient - that I just seem to get things done quickly.

Meticulous - that I plan carefully. Very very carefully.

Patient - that I possess great patience and tedious tasks do not deter me.

Sensitive - that I am sensitive to the feelings of others.

Tolerant - that I do not get flustered easily.

Snobbish - that indirectly, I look down on certain groups of people.

Cynical - that I tend to suspect or weigh up the bad possibilities first before considering the positives.

Lucky - that I've been enjoying good luck in my life thus far.

Independent - that as far as possible, I try to manage things on my own and not trouble others for help.

Content - that I have few material wants and am contented with whatever I already have.


Some of these are gleaned from what friends and family tell me. Others are based on self-observation. Whether they are true or not is another matter. :P

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bumble bee~
Sobs! So u won't be blogging anymore? Haiz, i just discovered yr blog a few days before!! Haha, so funny, the begining and the end was so close.

Sat Apr 15, 02:39:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Well, you have plenty of time to read through 8.5 months worth of entries. *Grin*

Sun Apr 16, 12:08:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Acey Deucey,

i am an engineering undergrad in the midst of applying for MSc Actuarial science at Uk and Australian unis..

Reading through your previous posts made me shiver and at the same time gave me inspiration....But is it true that there is an oversupply of entry level actuary graduates here in Singapore?

Hope you come back to blog soon=)

Tue Jan 23, 05:12:00 pm 2007  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Gee, I'm wondering why you got the shivers reading my blog. But at the same time, I am glad to see it has given you some inspiration.

I'm not at entry level anymore so I don't have a good feel of how the actuarial job market is like for that range right now. However, I do note that NTU has doubled their intake for their actuarial course. That should mean there is a healthy demand for fresh actuarial grads.

Lastly, I won't be coming back to blog. Life has thrown me a few surprises since I've returned to Singapore nine months ago, and as it is, I'm busy enough!

Tue Jan 23, 06:59:00 pm 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best in love, life and career!=)

Thu Jan 25, 01:21:00 am 2007  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Thanks!

Thu Jan 25, 07:47:00 am 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home