Tuesday, February 21, 2006

One-liners (rated M for mature audiences only)

I've also finally gotten around to telling my mum the full story behind the two weeks' delay (apologies to all about the constant harping on this issue). I had gotten my sis to pass word to her on Sunday because I couldn't bear to hear the audible drop in her voice should I be the one to bring her the bad news.

Anyway, I was explaining to her how he (who will still have to remain unidentified) had gotten into some trouble because of a misjudgement in character. And how part of it cascaded to hit me. Was just reaching my punchline when she interjected,

(Warning, explicit vulgar language coming up...)

"Ai yeah...一句話。Giah lan kah tao. Yee giah lan kah tao lah!"

(End of warning)


I will not even attempt to explain what that means. Too bad if you are not good in your hokkien. Oh, and she was referring to him, not me. :P

She always had the knack of giving catchy one-liners. This one was so apt, so 正中下懷, it made me forget mine.

52 "vulgar" days to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Hmph! Not only am I inept at Mandarin, I suck even more at Hokkien.

Wed Feb 22, 01:09:00 am 2006  
Blogger Acey Deucey said...

Explanation in your mailbox.

Like I said, I treat my readers well, don't I?

Wed Feb 22, 04:53:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home